The extent and type of information we receive from you on our website depends on the information you provide to us through our contact mailboxes and/or through the registration processes on our sites.
This may include:
- Your contact details (full name, home address, email and contact phone numbers).
- Your job role/title.
- Your date of birth.
The processing of your personal data by us is necessary for the performance of your contract. Therefore, we will only use your personally identifiable information to:
- Process your quote request.
- Administer your Credit Agreement Contract.
- Verify your identity.
- Respond to your requests.
- Provide you with information about CBS’ services.
Providing your information is a contractual requirement. Failure to provide it will mean that we will be unable to process your application.
In addition to collecting key information to provide our service to you we collect your job role, sex, driving licence number and also your date of birth to confirm your identity and meet our anti-money laundering obligations. This is not for the purpose of a credit reference agency check and will not impact your credit file. This information will also be used for schemes where motor insurance is provided by a third party and will be kept confidential. For any other purposes other than the above, we will obtain your permission.
For any other purposes other than the above, we will obtain your permission.
We may share your personally identifiable information with:
- People who provide a service to us or act on our behalf, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential. If they are located in another country (which may be outside the European Economic Area), we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protections as we are required to apply to information held in the UK and to use your information only for the purpose of providing the service to us.
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under the agreement.
- Any third party to whom we have a duty to do so in order to satisfy any legal or regulatory requirements.
Our policy is not to share personally identifiable information with third parties, unless required by law or is required to perform our obligation to you.
The personal information you provide to us will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law.
If you are purchasing a scheme vehicle for someone other than yourself to drive, your employer may instruct CBS to collect the name, address, date of birth and contact details of the individual, for insurance purposes and the delivery/collection of the vehicle. Where this is required, the information will only be retained for the purpose stated and for no other reason and will be erased when no longer required.
We will retain your personal data for a period of up to 7 years from the end of our contractual relationship with you.
We would like to send you information from time to time that we think will be of interest to you.
You have the right to object to your data being used for direct marketing purposes.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive marketing material from us at any time. You can do this by either contacting us directly. Alternatively, you can click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of our emails.
Where CBS has been instructed by your employer to provide you with promotional material in relation to your employee car benefit scheme, you will receive this automatically.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you feel that there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you, as the data subject, have the following rights:
The right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about how we use your personal data. This includes:
- Who we are.
- Any legal reason for us requiring your data.
- How long we will keep your data for.
- The existence of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations.
You will find all this information and more, relating to the use of your personal data, contained within this Privacy Statement.
The right of access
You have the right to obtain:
- Confirmation that your data is being processed by us.
- Access to the personal data we hold on you.
The right to rectification
You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data, where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, such as at the end of your contract.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we restrict further processing of your personal data where:
- You contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold on you, until it has been rectified and verified.
- You have objected to us processing your personal data (where there is a legitimate reason for the processing such as a performance of a contract) until your objection has been fully considered and a decision made.
- Processing is unlawful and you request the process of your data be restricted instead of erased.
The right to object
Where we process your personal data for the performance of your contract, you have the right to object to the processing, however, this must be on grounds relating to your particular situation. In these circumstances, we will stop processing your personal data unless:
- We can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, or
- The processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time. If you object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes:
- We will stop the processing as soon as we receive your objection.
- We will deal with your objection at any time and free of charge.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision when:
- It is based on automated processing, and
- It produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
We will not use your personal information for any automated decision-making or profiling purposes.